When was the last time you made your own teriyaki sauce? Well, you are about to. Fresh ginger and chilli make this Asian dinner recipe light, a little spicy and full of flavour.
- SERVES 4
- 40 MINUTES
- 2 PANS
Suitable for dairy-free and gluten-free
- 1 x pouch of Merchant Gourmet Wholegrain Rice & Seaweed
- 2 salmon fillets
- Thumb sized knob of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful of almonds
- ½ a chilli (medium)
- Finely chop the ginger and garlic then place in a bowl and mix with the soy sauce, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillets in the dish, then season with salt and pepper. Cover the salmon with the sauce, then cover with cling film and put in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes. Place a frying pan on a medium heat and add a dash of oil. When hot, add the salmon, skin-side down (don’t add the marinade). Cook for 2 minutes, then pour in the marinade and cook for a further minute or so, until the salmon fillets are opaque halfway up the sides. Turn them over and cook on the other side for 3-4 minutes, basting with the sauce so that the salmon is well coated. Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking heat your Merchant Gourmet rice, peel & cut your avocado, crush your almonds, slice your chilli & spring onions and cook your peas.
- Place your cooked rice into a bowl, top with the peas, then avocado, then salmon, then almonds and finally chilli.
- Spoon over any leftover teriyaki sauce and serve.