A fragrant mix of lentils, spinach, onions and spices with eggs cooked into it – the perfect brunch dish!
By Sophie Michell, our Wellbeing Chef.
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga Lentils
- 1 tbsp. of neutral oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 chopped chilli
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 packet spinach
- 4 eggs
- a handful of fresh coriander
- Take a medium frying pan and heat up the oil, add the onion and garlic and cook for about 8 minutes until softened.
- Then add the spices and lentils and cook for 5 more minutes, finally add the spinach and season well.
- Cook until the spinach is wilted, then make 4 indentations or holes in the spinach/spice/onion/lentil mix.
- Crack the eggs into these spaces and then continue cooking until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
- I often pop under a hot grill for a few minutes to finish off.
- Then sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with hot flatbreads.